Here we are near the end of August trying to get all our tree planting done before the season ends.
There were four lemon trees of unknown variety in wooden boxes on the property when we moved in, they looked pretty root bound so we made them a priority for planting.
Boxer (our wee tractor) came with a front end loader and backhoe as standard so digging the holes was a doodle. We used the following rule for digging the holes:
We used 3 parts compost to 1 part well rotted horse manure & wood shavings with additional biochar (good for fungi establishment), rock dust and kelp.
Now all we have to do is plant the remaining 70 trees that we bought from Farrells (farrells.co.nz)!